Thursday, January 21, 2016

R.I.P. Travis J. Best

It's hard to know what is appropriate to post about here. A fellow surfer, marketer, and someone I met through participating in a team challenge just over a year ago has passed away. Someone I have been in contact with (except during recent advanced illness he suffered) ever since doing a month long challenge with Tony Tezak in December 2014.

A family member got on Travis' Facebook account to let people know that he passed away early this week (on January 18th or 19th). 



Since Travis and I surfed together a lot after the challenge last year, he is my sponsor in a number of traffic exchange sites and money earning programs. It is awful strange to log in and see his avatar/profile pic and know I won't get a skype message, email or internal message on common sites anymore.

I know Travis went weekly for dialysis treatments. Curiously, there were times when he still skyped some messages across while he was sitting, waiting for dialysis treatments to complete. He really was working hard online to try and figure out all this money making business - in part, so he could afford better health related treatments, a better, more healthy lifestyle, etc. 

I'm sure there are a lot of sponsees out there who were in contact with Travis daily until recently who will miss him very much. He and I had some differences in our pathways and programs a couple of months back and stopped promoting the same programs but I always expected to meet this guy one day while we were both on our similarly arranged money making pathways, enjoying - finally - some monetary successes for all our hard work.

Although I found out about his passing yesterday, the news didn't really hit me until today when I realized how many programs we had in common and that he is - was - my sponsor in many. As I logged in to surf, there was Travis' face or name in many of my dashboards, listed as "Sponsor."

Rest in peace, Travis J. Best! No dialysis or money struggles tomorrow - or ever now. I hope your family, friends, all of your sponsees/online friends will gather and celebrate your life as well as hang together to support each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment